Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Dwarven Miner Song

Being buried still under the thesis and digging for veins of gold in the dark dungeon of Academia, I leave you with a beloved dwarven ditty until I am free of my chains again.
- Tedankhamen




Dwarven Miner Song
(to the tune of Johnny Cash’s ‘Dark as a Dungeon’)

Oh come all you young fellers so young and so fine
Seek hotLY your fortune in a dark cheery mine
It'll form as a habit and seep in your soul
Till the stream of your blood runs as bright as the gold

Refrain:
Where it's dark as a dungeon and damp as the dew
Where the danger is double and pleasures are true
Where the rain never falls the sun never shines
It's as dark as a dungeon way down in the mine

Well it's many a dwarf that I've seen in my day
Who loved just to labor his whole life away
Like a fiend with his gold and a drunkard his wine
A
dwarf will have lust for the lure of the mine

Refrain

And pray when I'm dead and my ages shall roll
That my body would shimmer and turn into gold
Then I'll look from the door of my heavenly home
And cheer the miner digging my bones

Refrain


No comments:

Post a Comment